Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yee-haw! Draft day has been set for Labor day (US est) at 11:30am, which means half-past midnight for me. Time to stock up on coffee, redbull, Jolt cola, Mountain Dew, lots of Pringles, and Gatorade! It's gonna be a loooooong night and my high school students will either see a zombified or an extremely wired "Jason-sensei" come Tuesday morning. Then again, those students still sometimes call me Jackson, Johnson, or even Jaycon, but who cares! It's live draft baby! Seriously, how in the heck do some students manage to mangle my name to Jaycon is beyond me...

...and yes, I'm still gonna write a running diary of how I drafted and who drafted whom. I'm betting that the quality of my writing will start out high, then gradually slide to an incoherent state as the lack of sleep and potentially stupid decisions (due to lack of sleep) will take their toll on me. Here's a potential doozy:

Me: Yes! I just got my starting QB! He plays for Denver and has a cool nickname like Jake the snake!...Ah crap! I just drafted Jake the mistake, by mistake!

Hopefully I can avoid that land mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home